Meet the Candidate
Phone: (720) 670-8767
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Tim Hicks (D)
Running for: Colorado House
Political Affiliation: Democratic
Tim Hicks (D)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Permitting healthcare and business professionals to opt out of performing procedures or providing services that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Allowing parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or educational savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, private, or home school.
- 4.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 5.Legislation which would allow members of the legislature more control over administrative boards and commissions.
- 6.Allowing private businesses to protect the safety of women and children by requiring individuals to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- 7.Enacting more restrictive gun laws in Colorado.
- 8.The relocation of Guantanamo Bay inmates to Colorado.
- 9.A single-payer healthcare system.
- 10.State legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the federal Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- Question 1: Healthcare professionals are there to provide a service for which they were trained.
- Question 2: Planned Parenthood has already been exonerated of the charge of fetal tissue sale.
- Question 3: Public tax dollars are meant for public school use, not private school use.
- Question 4: Until you've been there, you have no idea what people with terminal illnesses endure.
- Question 5: I need more specific context for this question.
- Question 6: This is not a valid issue, in my opinion. People should do what they've always done.
- Question 7: We can no longer stand aside and do nothing while gun violence grows exponentially.
- Question 9: The ACA has done much for making healthcare accessible. Now, we have to make it affordable.
- Question 10: I oppose personhood legislation.