Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Thomas "Tony" Exum Sr. (D)
Running for: Colorado House
Political Affiliation: Democrat
Thomas "Tony" Exum Sr. (D)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Permitting healthcare and business professionals to opt out of performing procedures or providing services that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Allowing parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or educational savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, private, or home school.
- 4.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 5.Legislation which would allow members of the legislature more control over administrative boards and commissions.
- 6.Allowing private businesses to protect the safety of women and children by requiring individuals to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- 7.Enacting more restrictive gun laws in Colorado.
- 8.The relocation of Guantanamo Bay inmates to Colorado.
- 9.A single-payer healthcare system.
- 10.State legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the federal Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- Question 7: Citation 1.
CFA Foundation does not speak for any candidate who has not answered the Voters' Guide survey. However, in some cases, information relating to a candidate's position on an issue is publicly available. This information may include a candidate's voting records, public statements, campaign materials, or other credible sources. Based on this publicly available information, some positions for candidates who did not respond have been determined after extensive research and are represented with "S" (Supports based on citations) or "O" (Opposes based on citations), with a link (or links) to the source of the public statement(s) at coloradovotersguide.com. If it is unknown where a candidate stands on a given issue, the answer has been intentionally left blank. If it is unclear where a candidate stands on a given issue after research, the candidate's position is represented with "N" (Not clear), with a link (or links) to relevant source material. Clicking a link to the source material takes you away from the coloradovotersguide.com web page. CFA Foundation is not responsible for the content of such third party websites, which may contain objectionable material. All links were active as of as of the date research was conducted.