Meet the Candidate
Phone: (719) 238-4656
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Kit Roupe (R)
Running for: Colorado House
Political Affiliation: Republican
Kit Roupe (R)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Permitting healthcare and business professionals to opt out of performing procedures or providing services that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Allowing parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or educational savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, private, or home school.
- 4.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 5.Legislation which would allow members of the legislature more control over administrative boards and commissions.
- 6.Allowing private businesses to protect the safety of women and children by requiring individuals to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- 7.Enacting more restrictive gun laws in Colorado.
- 8.The relocation of Guantanamo Bay inmates to Colorado.
- 9.A single-payer healthcare system.
- 10.State legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the federal Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- Question 1: Often the intent is there but the bill is written poorly. Consequently, the outcomes are not achieved. I'd like to see the bill language first.
- Question 2: Contradictions among reports merit this be investigated.
- Question 3: These choices are particularly helpful for families with disabled children, families in rural communities, and children with learning disabilities.
- Question 4: A physician signs a Hippocratic oath and the law would conflict that oath. It is possible passing the law may not change anything for families.
- Question 5: I'd like to see the bill language. We're talking about corruption visa vie 'awarding' political appointments, AKA nepotism. I could support if worded correctly.
- Question 6: I get it but who enforces such a law and for how much? I don't support bathroom police, big brother, and businesses in litigation.
- Question 7: NRA and Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition endorsed.
- Question 8: We're charged with public safety. This is a stupid idea, right in the middle of our country. What are they thinking?!
- Question 9: We have a current audit of the Health Exchange with over $5million unaccounted for, proving government should not be in the health care business.
- Question 10: I don't support late term abortion. However, Zika virus is enormously disturbing and merits a discussion.