Meet the Candidate
Phone: (303) 905-1568
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Kevin Van Winkle (R)
Running for: Colorado House
Political Affiliation: Republican
Kevin Van Winkle (R)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Permitting healthcare and business professionals to opt out of performing procedures or providing services that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Allowing parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or educational savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, private, or home school.
- 4.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 5.Legislation which would allow members of the legislature more control over administrative boards and commissions.
- 6.Allowing private businesses to protect the safety of women and children by requiring individuals to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- 7.Enacting more restrictive gun laws in Colorado.
- 8.The relocation of Guantanamo Bay inmates to Colorado.
- 9.A single-payer healthcare system.
- 10.State legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the federal Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- Question 2: I was proud to help lead the effort to hold Planned Parenthood accountable for breaking state and federal laws.
- Question 4: Physician Assisted suicide moves medicine across a bright moral line from caring to killing and I oppose it.
- Question 6: I supported the common sense "Protect Physical Privacy In Locker Rooms" bill in 2015.
- Question 7: I am a staunch Pro-Second Amendment Supporter
- Question 8: I co-sponsored an effort to block move Guantanamo inmates to Colorado in 2016.
- Question 9: I continue to work hard to eductate voters about the dangers of Amendment 69.
- Question 10: I oppose abortion at any stage during pregnancy and have sponsored several measures to protect life.