Meet the Candidate
Phone: (970) 581-3754
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Hugh McKean (R)
Running for: Colorado House
Political Affiliation: Republican
Hugh McKean (R)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Permitting healthcare and business professionals to opt out of performing procedures or providing services that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Allowing parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or educational savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, private, or home school.
- 4.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 5.Legislation which would allow members of the legislature more control over administrative boards and commissions.
- 6.Allowing private businesses to protect the safety of women and children by requiring individuals to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- 7.Enacting more restrictive gun laws in Colorado.
- 8.The relocation of Guantanamo Bay inmates to Colorado.
- 9.A single-payer healthcare system.
- 10.State legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the federal Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- Question 1: I support people being able to exercise their beliefs in the operation of their business and in their work.
- Question 4: The legislation proposed this year is problematic at best. We should focus on what a "culture of life" looks like.
- Question 6: Your DNA is your DNA.
- Question 7: We should work at repealing the terrible legislation imposed in 2013.
- Question 9: Amendment 69 is not only a job killer and devastating to the state's economy but it is also not a legal form of governance.