Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Rebecca McClellan (D)
Running for: Board of Education District 6
Political Affiliation: Democrat
Candidate declined to respond
This candidate declined to respond to the Voter Guide survey. If you'd like to know where the candidate stands on these issues, click to send them an email asking for their responses.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Expanding school choice initiatives to allow for the use of tax credits, vouchers, or educational savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy of their parents’/guardians’ choice.
- 2.Allowing parents to opt their children out of activities or lessons they find offensive to their personal, moral, or religious beliefs.
- 3.Parental notification prior to any teaching of sexual education or health education relating to human sexuality or gender identity.
- 4.Individual school autonomy to make budgeting decisions based on individual school district needs.
- 5.Allowing students to express their religious views in the classroom to the same extent that students may express their non-religious views.
- 6.Requiring schools to provide only healthy lunch foods.
- 7.Empowering local school districts to set the criteria for evaluation of their teachers and principals, as well as pay and benefit increases.
- 8.Allowing people to choose which bathroom, locker room or shower to use based on their perceived gender identity rather than on biological sex.