Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Michael Bennet (D)
Running for: U.S. Senate
Political Affiliation: Democrat
Michael Bennet (D)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Requiring women to register for Selective Service when they turn 18.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- 4.Requiring hospital and healthcare providers to perform abortions and sex change operations or lose federal funding.
- 5.Permitting healthcare and pharmaceutical professionals to decline to participate in procedures or provide drugs that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 6.Legislation, such as the First Amendment Defense Act, which prevents government discrimination against people who have an orthodox religious belief or moral conviction regarding marriage, the sanctity of human life, or human sexuality.
- 7.Israel’s right to exist and to defend itself and its citizens.
- 8.Amnesty for undocumented immigrants.
- 9.The proposed closing of Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
- 10.An interpretation of the Second Amendment that recognizes the right of private citizens to possess firearms.
- 11.Requiring students, staff and visitors at educational institutions to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- Question 2: Citation
- Question 3: Citation
- Question 7: Citation 1, Citation 2, Citation 3, Citation 4
- Question 8: Citation 1, Citation 2, Citation 3
- Question 9: Citation 1, Citation 2
- Question 10: Citation
- Question 11: Citation 1, Citation 2, Citation 3
CFA Foundation does not speak for any candidate who has not answered the Voters' Guide survey. However, in some cases, information relating to a candidate's position on an issue is publicly available. This information may include a candidate's voting records, public statements, campaign materials, or other credible sources. Based on this publicly available information, some positions for candidates who did not respond have been determined after extensive research and are represented with "S" (Supports based on citations) or "O" (Opposes based on citations), with a link (or links) to the source of the public statement(s) at coloradovotersguide.com. If it is unknown where a candidate stands on a given issue, the answer has been intentionally left blank. If it is unclear where a candidate stands on a given issue after research, the candidate's position is represented with "N" (Not clear), with a link (or links) to relevant source material. Clicking a link to the source material takes you away from the coloradovotersguide.com web page. CFA Foundation is not responsible for the content of such third party websites, which may contain objectionable material. All links were active as of as of the date research was conducted.