Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Norm Olsen (L)
Running for: U.S. House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Libertarian
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Requiring women to register for Selective Service when they turn 18.
- 2.Investigating Planned Parenthood regarding the potential sale of fetal tissue and failure to report sexual abuse of minors.
- 3.Legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- 4.Requiring hospital and healthcare providers to perform abortions and sex change operations or lose federal funding.
- 5.Permitting healthcare and pharmaceutical professionals to decline to participate in procedures or provide drugs that violate their moral or religious beliefs.
- 6.Legislation, such as the First Amendment Defense Act, which prevents government discrimination against people who have an orthodox religious belief or moral conviction regarding marriage, the sanctity of human life, or human sexuality.
- 7.Israel’s right to exist and to defend itself and its citizens.
- 8.Amnesty for undocumented immigrants.
- 9.The proposed closing of Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
- 10.An interpretation of the Second Amendment that recognizes the right of private citizens to possess firearms.
- 11.Requiring students, staff and visitors at educational institutions to use the bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities that correspond with their biological sex.
- Question 1: The draft should be eliminated, not expanded.
- Question 2: Planned Parenthood receives significant funding from taxpayers, thus taxpayers have a right to know what's going on.
- Question 3: I'm opposed to abortion, but prohibition does not work and is not the solution to this issue.
- Question 4: Faith based institutions are a great benefit to society, and they should be able to honor their faith.
- Question 5: Government must not be allowed to dictate morality, or sit in judgement of religous beliefs. Tolerance is a two way street.
- Question 6: Again, tolerance is a two way street.
- Question 7: The UN created Israel 65 years ago in recognition of the Holocaust; the Holocaust cannot be undone.
- Question 8: Only those who have immigrated legally should have a path to citizenship. We must not reward illegal behavior while punishing legal behavior.
- Question 9: When the war on terror is over, maybe. But not now.
- Question 10: The second ammendment refers to an existsing inalienable right; it simply denies Congress the power or authority to infringe upon it in any way.
- Question 11: While individuals have the right to live as they choose, that right ends when such infringes on the right of others to do likewise.