Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- NDeclined to respond. After research, position still not clear. See citation(s) in Notes.
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond. Position based on citation(s). See Notes.
Political Party Legend
- CConstitution Party
- GGreen Party
Gary Johnson (L)
Running for: President
Political Affiliation: Libertarian
Gary Johnson (L)
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1. Requiring women to register for Selective Service when they turn 18.
- 2. Immediate termination of the 2015 U.S.-Iran nuclear agreement.
- 3. Repeal of the 2010 health insurance reform law known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) or "Obamacare."
- 4. Settlement of Syrian refugees within the United States.
- 5. The Common Core State Standards, which are a set of expectations as to certain skills students should master at each grade level.
- 6. The proposed closing of Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
- 7. The proposed First Amendment Defense Act (FADA), which would "[prohibit] the federal government from taking discriminatory action against a person on the basis that such person believes or acts in accordance with a religious belief or moral conviction that: (1) marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, or (2) sexual relations are properly reserved to such marriage."
- 8. Legislation that protects unborn children who are capable of feeling pain, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- 9. Continued federal funding for Planned Parenthood.
- 10. Israel's right to exist and to defend itself and its citizens.
- 11. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants.
- 12. An interpretation of the Second Amendment that recognizes the right of private citizens to possess firearms.
- Question 2: Citation
- Question 3: Citation
- Question 4: Citation
- Question 5: Citation
- Question 6: Citation
- Question 7: Citation 1, Citation 2
- Question 8: Citation
Citation 1, Citation 2
- Question 10: Citation
- Question 11: Citation
CFA Foundation does not speak for any candidate who has not answered the Voters' Guide survey. However, in some cases, information relating to a candidate's position on an issue is publicly available. This information may include a candidate's voting records, public statements, campaign materials, or other credible sources. Based on this publicly available information, some positions for candidates who did not respond have been determined after extensive research and are represented with "S" (Supports based on citations) or "O" (Opposes based on citations), with a link (or links) to the source of the public statement(s) at coloradovotersguide.com. If it is unknown where a candidate stands on a given issue, the answer has been intentionally left blank. If it is unclear where a candidate stands on a given issue after research, the candidate's position is represented with "N" (Not clear), with a link (or links) to relevant source material. Clicking a link to the source material takes you away from the coloradovotersguide.com web page. CFA Foundation is not responsible for the content of such third party websites, which may contain objectionable material. All links were active as of as of the date research was conducted.